Thursday, August 8, 2013

Should have worn a skirt

Most of you know that I was run over by a city bus.  I won't be mentioning it much in my blog as it is in the past for me (feels like a different lifetime ago), and I don't want it to define who I am.

However, as today is the 6th anniversary of the incident and I am reminded how thankful I am to be alive, I thought a few words on the blog couldn't hurt.  Here are my 'few words'.....

As I was walking down the sidewalk on my way to work that day, there was a very pretty girl walking just ahead of me.  She was tall, had long dark hair and was wearing a skirt.  She was hard not to notice.   I don't think the skirt was probably office appropriate, as I'm assuming that's where she was headed.

Anyway, in the police report the driver who ran me over stated that the reason he didn't see me was because he was looking at the girl in the skirt.

That day, from head to toe I was wearing a bright red headband, bright red dangly earrings, a bright red necklace, white shirt, and red pants.  You would think all of the red would have been eye catching (not to mention red means STOP -- even my 2 year old knows that).  I remember thinking as I looked in the mirror that morning that I looked pretty cute.  Apparently not cute enough -- I should have worn a skirt instead!!!


On a more serious note...
I am so thankful to have had so many people thinking of me during my time in the hospital and sending such warm well wishes.  If you sent a note (electronic or hand written), I still have it.  If you called, sent flowers, balloons, made a meal for my family, or any other wonderful gesture, I have it written down. If you stopped by to see me, even for 5 minutes, I haven't forgotten.  Knowing I had an abundance of people cheering for me made life worth fighting for. 

Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment