Sunday, July 20, 2014

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Life

As my daughter and I went for a little walk outside on this GORGEOUS morning, it hit me like a ton of bricks how wonderful life is right now!  The past few days have been amazing as I have gotten to do some fun things and spent time with people I love to be around. 

Twice this past week I took Rylee to the Madison County fair.  Watching her get so excited about petting the animals...along with many other simple pleasures we've both enjoyed...has got me thinking about how simple life really can be and how those simple things can make life so much more enjoyable.

As we neared the river on our walk, Rylee wanted to throw rocks into the water.  I watched her pick up rocks and launch them in for about 20 minutes.  I was so enlightened by this simple task being so exciting to her...it gave me goosebumps to watch and hear her glowing.  At one point I wished I had my camera to capture the moment, but then I realized how glad I was that I didn't have it with me....because I would have spent time trying to get the perfect shot, rather than soaking in the moment.

While she continued to play I started to look around me.  I mean really look around...taking in all of the sights, sounds, smells, feels.  Something I already knew to be true, seemed to soak into my skin...that I am so blessed in this life.

I am blessed to live in the middle of nature.  There are no concrete buildings blocking my view of this beautiful planet, there are no weird unexplainable smells or sounds, there is no hustle and bustle of people trying to keep up with one another.  I am instead surrounded by the pure beauty of nature.  Just that thought alone is so calming. 

I am blessed to have family and friends who love and support me and who I love and support in return.  I am blessed to have good health and have children who are healthy and happy.  I am blessed that my husband and I can provide basic necessities for ourselves and our children, along with some extras. 

I am blessed to be able to wake up (almost) every day without a care in the world.  I know that each day will be what I make of it....it can be a positive day, or it can be a negative day....all depending on my attitude.  I know that if I rid myself of negativities everything will work out just fine and it always does.  In fact, as I dug deep within my thoughts today I discovered just how amazing I can really feel when I'm positive.  I felt very light.  The giant hill I had to walk back up that normally drains me, wasn't even a little hard today....I barely noticed the steep incline at all.  My positive thinking was very powerful this morning. 

I've always believed that our thoughts can be dangerous...good or bad.  I wish more people would just "be" in this world, rather than worrying about what other people are doing or caring what others are thinking of them.  I've said many times that I wish I lived back in the days of "simple", before our minds were being filled with so much garbage.  If we could just all think happy thoughts, be positive, and take care of ourselves...maybe all of the world problems would be solved ;)  Hey, we're thinking positive here, right?!?!

I had a few more thoughts on the beauty of life and being positive....but I think I want to stop there for now so I can make my family lunch and we can go back outside and enjoy this beautiful day (and by that I mean, the hammock is calling my name...hehe). 

Have a wonderfully blessed day Friends!!  BIIIIIG HUG!!!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment