Man! It's eerie to me how many times "everything happens for a reason" has struck in my life! Today's story of this is still blowing my mind......
Yesterday my husband noticed that our car trailer had been stolen from our property. Not only were we upset by the loss, it was very uncomforting to know someone invaded our private property. We called the sheriff's office and a deputy came right over and filed the report. We figured we would never see the trailer again...
This morning I had a play date planned...we were either going to meet at a park in town or they were going to come to our house. I didn't really feel like going anywhere this morning, so I was going to invite them over. And then as I went to feed the kids breakfast, I realized I really needed to get to the store and could do that while in town for the play date. I decided to leave it up to Rylee and asked her if she wanted to play with her friends at the park or at home....she chose the park.
As we were leaving our property, I saw where our trailer used to be and thought to myself, "I'm sure that thing is in Missouri by now, but I might as well keep an eye out for it as I drive the back roads to town."
We went to our playdate at the park and got groceries. I decided to fill up my tank quick too before heading home. As I'm headed towards the gas station exit that would put me on the main road, I remembered there was construction on that main road and decided to exit the back part of the station and drive down a side road instead.
A couple blocks down the side road, I notice that there is a large vehicle parked on one side and a trailer parked right across from it, making this 2 lane road into a 1 lane. There is a vehicle coming toward me and I wait to see if it will stop behind the trailer and wait for me to pass or not....it doesn't, so I stop and wait for it to pass. As I squeeze my way between the two parked items, I notice the trailer is parked weird...half on the grass and half on the road. I get passed it and start thinking about the trailer some more. For whatever reason, I decide to go around the block again. This time I really look at the trailer and think "that looks like our stolen trailer"..... I go around the block again.....
I notice that the home has several trailers and decide that maybe this guy works on cars or something and I just drive past. Then it hits me that it's pretty strange for there to have been so many trailers...and this one was parked weird....and it looked like ours...... "Man, I better go back and take a picture...just in case...I would feel horrible if it was ours and I didn't do anything about it." So I drive by again and snap a quick picture. I text it to my husband with the caption, "Doubt this is it...."
My phone rings 2 minutes later and Hubs says, "Where are you? That's my trailer." So, long story short (okay it was already long)....the police went and checked it out and confirmed it was in fact our trailer :) I still can't believe it........
So many factors today led me to find our stolen trailer....just crazy!! I love how things work sometimes!!!
P.S. I hope my reward is big, shiny and diamond shaped ;)
Update since first writing this....my reward wasn't big shiny and diamond shaped...but much appreciated just the same :)

No comments:
Post a Comment