I never buy Tide because it's expensive. I have read several articles stating that Tide really does clean better than other detergents, but I've never had issues with any detergent getting my clothes clean. I do love the way Tide smells though, so occasionally I will indulge.
I don't use the recommended amount of laundry soap, never have, never will. I also don't use the recommended amount of dish soap in my dishwasher either. I use less, much less. Think about it... if the soap company makes money off of the consumer purchasing their soap, they probably want you to go through it quick so you have to buy more, often.
I also don't use the recommended amount, because I have never needed to. Our clothes just don't seem dirty enough for a whole cap full of soap. The kids and I only wear an article of clothing one time (other than jammies, which get 2 nights, and my jeans that get 2 wearings) and then it goes into the laundry basket. I always spray stains with a stain remover right away, and that seems to take care of them...other than the tough ones that aren't going to go away for anything...(oil and grease from James working in the garage).
The final reason I don't use the recommended amount is that James doesn't like his clothes to be scented. Since I do, and am not going to wash our clothes separately, I just use much less soap so it isn't so over powering.
This particular bottle says to use 1 cap full for medium loads and 1.5 for large loads. HA! My loads are ALWAYS large (because why do laundry until you just can't fit one more thing onto the dirty pile?) and I have never used an entire cap full.
So, take a guess at how many loads I got out of this small bottle that says "5 loads" on the front???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
12 loads! That was $2.99 well spent!

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment